<October 25, 2007>

Drilled New F-712 to Side Skins

I was really tired tonight, and it was late, but I have a busy weekend ahead of me and I know that I am not going to get much time in the shop over the next few days. With that in mind, I forced myself to at least get something done, and I am glad I did. I still needed to drill the aft flanges of the new F-712 Bulkhead to match the skins, and that is exactly what I did.



I didn't take pictures during the process, but I clecoed the F-712 and F-779 into place and drilled the aft row of rivets. I don't like drilling holes through dimples, but there was no other way. One or two holes could be better, but overall the results were great. Once that was done, I deburred the holes, dimpled and touched up the primer in a few places.

I didn't want to push it, so I clecoed the F-712 to the F-779 and stopped for the night. This is where is all went south last time, but I am sure everything will turn out just fine this time (I hope).