<July 16, 2007>

Drilled the Slots in the F-705Gs

Since I am planning a tip-up canopy I spent the evening creating the slots in the F-705Gs for the canopy latch fingers. Using the F-705F/D/E assembly as a guide, I drilled two adjacent holes in each angle and then filed the slot to its final shape using a needle file, smoothing it out with some strips of emery cloth. This was a pain in the butt as the F-705Gs are really thick, and the needle files took a long time to do their job. I would have used a bit in my Dremel tool, but I didn't have one that was small enough.

I forgot to take the camera out to the shop, so in keeping with tradition here is a baby picture.



Honk! Move, you're in my way!