<May 10, 2007>

Right Aileron & Flap Rigging

In preparation to drill the right flap hinge, tonight I rigged the right aileron. With the experience from the left aileron, the right one took less than half the time.



I removed the rod end bearing from the pushrod to make it easier to attach to the aileron. This was a HUGE improvement over the frustrations of the left aileron where I tried to connect all the hardware while the bearing was on the pushrod.

Once the aileron was rigged and secured, I clamped the flap to the wing and started taking measurements. It looked pretty good, but I decided to sleep on it and come back another day to do the drilling.

I really don't think I could improve on this any.