<August 2, 2006>

Anti Hang-up Brackets

l decided let the sealant on the stiffeners and cap and drain flanges cure a little bit before attempting the the ribs, so I took it easy tonight. First I fabricated the flop-tube anti hang-up brackets, then I took care of a few miscellaneous tasks, before organizing the shop and calling it a night.



First I made a mock-up out of a 5/8" wide strip of manilla folder. Once I was satisfied with the mock-up, I transferred my dimensions over to some .025 Al and fabricated the straps. These are there so that the flop-tube doesn't get caught on the nutplates when the aircraft if doing aerobatics.

First I made a mock-up out of a 5/8" wide strip of manilla folder. Once I was satisfied with the mock-up, I transferred my dimensions over to some .025 Al and fabricated the straps. These are there so that the flop-tube doesn't get caught on the nutplates when the aircraft if doing aerobatics.

While getting organized, I realized that I hadn't drilled the T-410s to the outboard ribs (at least I think these are T-410s). So I knocked that one off the to-do list. I put 6 rivets here, when 4 would have done just fine... d'oh!!!

And for my final trick of the evening, I used a -6 rivet to fill the tooling hole in the outboard ribs. This will get a coating of sealant next time I mix some up.